Purchase Price $349,000
4 bed · 2 bath · 3 StorY · 2,500 sqFT
Includes two private covered carports each with a lockable storage unit
For Sale or Lease by Owner
Contact owner directly: Sara Kuropatkin; 520.906.0643; firstname.lastname@example.org
This spacious adobe block home is characterized by its beauty and functionality. Entering, one notices the attractive layout, including the scored, rose-concrete floor in the kitchen leading to the warm wooden floors in the dining area and living room. The twenty foot cathedral ceiling with a clerestory window at its peak combined with the open floor plan contributes to a sense of airiness and grandeur. The living room ends in double French doors opening onto a rear deck overlooking the Camino de Oeste Wash to the sweeping mountain vistas of the Catalinas to the north, the Tortolitas to the northwest and the Tucson Mountains to the west.
The kitchen has been upgraded with attractive built-in custom Techline cabinetry units, and an island unit with surface workspace, enclosed rolling-shelf storage and electrical outlets. The window over the kitchen sink provides an unobstructed view of the residents and visitors coming and going down the community pathway.
The rear bedroom, off the living room, has its own door to the rear deck and a large picture window providing access to the mountain views. This level contains a second bedroom, at the front of the house, with a picture window overlooking the large front yard and the community pathway. This bedroom is currently configured as an office space with two high-quality Techline work-stations on either side of the room. The workstations are relocatable if a conventional bedroom is preferred. One of the bathrooms is located in the hall between the bedrooms.
Moving to the upper level, one enters the loft area over-looking the living and dining spaces. This open space with very attractive wooden floors has been used as a library / sitting room with a futon providing an extra guest bed. It could alternately be used for an exercise area, for arts and crafts, or other similar purposes. This loft also provides access to one of the two attic storage areas on this level.
This upper level also has a bedroom with a vaulted ceiling, attractive wooden floors and a large picture window overlooking the front yard and the community pathway. The room also provides access to a sizeable walk-in attic storage area. The room has been used as a meditation and reading room.
Moving down through the main floor to the lower level, one enters a large family room with scored rose-concrete flooring. The room has double French doors opening into the fenced back-yard with vistas of the surrounding mountains and access to the walking trails in the Camino de Oeste Wash - a riparian area abundant with desert flora and fauna. This large room has been used as a family entertainment center, a project room and a photography studio. The floor also contains the fourth bedroom with a connecting bathroom, a large picture window, a large walk-in closet, and a private door to the rear porch and backyard. Also, the washer and dryer are located on this level in a convenient closet / storage space that also accommodates laundry and cleaning supplies .
Additional significant features include:
- The home comes with two side-by-side private covered carports, each with a lockable storage unit.
- Overhead fans – one each in the bedrooms and loft space and two each in the living room and family room, for a total of nine, providing cost- effective air flow throughout the house.
- The house has two thermostatically controlled heating and cooling (hvac) units – one for the two upper floors and one for the lower level.
- The interior doors, for the bedrooms and baths, are upgraded solid wood.
- All the exterior doors leading into the house, both front and rear, have lockable and ornate hand-wrought iron screen doors that allow refreshing breezes through the house.
- The backyard has a three tiered, artfully curved, cement block bench for seating, potted plants and other garden accessories.
The house is one of 28 two and three-story adobe townhomes in the Milagro Cohousing Community. Cohousing is a model of intentional community, with a diverse range of ages and backgrounds, where residents work together to make decisions based on consensus.
- central grassy circle (great for playing games)
- neighborhood hiking trail
- two children's play structures
- shaded saltwater swimming pool
- community wetlands for recycling all landscaping water
- clubhouse features library, kids' room, dining room and well-stocked kitchen.
- optional shared community meals, potlucks, movies and events
- Dark Sky compliant community makes for incredible star gazing
- community workshop for crafting or projects
- environmentally friendly design throughout
- great night time view of city lights
- campfire ring
- community garden and fruit trees
LOCATION AND SURROUNDINGS
Nestled at the foot of the Tucson Mountains with plenty of hiking trails and biking opportunities, yet also just a short drive to downtown Tucson, with entertainment, restaurants, and retail. The University of Arizona and University Medical Center are about 15 minutes away. Located conveniently off of I-10 at Grant Road and Silverbell. A major grocery store, restaurants, pharmacy, bank and hardware store are less than 2 miles away; with extensive medical facilities including a hospital within 3 miles.